Penn Foster Career School - I am a student of penn foster accused of cheating

I am a student of Penn Foster.I was accused cheating,because I progressed through the program rapidly.I am fifty-two years old and have worked countless hours for the last five months on my program,to obtain my high school diploma.I was six test away from completing the program when I recieved a letter in the mail stating that disiplinary action would be taken against me.Penn Foster requested that I write a letter explaining how I progessed through the program rapidly.

I recieved a email that additional testing would be required.I am completing the aditional testing now.Penn Foster is considering these test as make-up exams with the highest obtainable grade a 70%.I had an average of over 90%,but with this testing considered as make-up examinations my average will be only 70%.I thought this program was work at your own pace.

review #188067
57 34 Helpful?
Had the same issue63 Comments25
Had an experience with Penn Foster Career School?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
common sense

Aug 02, 2014 #850256

How can you cheat when the tests are all open book tests?

4 0 Reply

May 26, 2014 #820168

that sucks, I disagree with a lot of you that say Penn Foster is no good. I'm half way through my associates degree program in engineering and I'm at the 5 month mark. I get nothing but encouragement from P.F. and I work full time.

ICHEATED

May 02, 2013 #645124

i cheated my but off and i didnt get caught at all :grin ,) 8) sucks to be you...its like the people who cheat dont get caught and the people who actually try just get screwed over ...lol

2 8 Reply
Mrs. P

Apr 05 #968199

I go to Penn Foster. I am pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Ed and I am the 4th semester having major trouble with Business and Finance class. Can anyone help me with math?

Sadako

Jun 07, 2012 #492272

i found a way to make coins easily ! send an email to with your team name , email and paswosrd , telling them that you bought a gold premium pack for 15,000 coins or any other pack and the amount of coins it costs and tell them you didn't get the cards .. this actually happened to me and when i emailed them they gave me coins and then i kept doing it and now i have over 200k coins

Becca

Nov 07, 2011 #370450

Im in the last few courses of my Pennfoster course, it has taken me 3 years to get here, nothing like "cheating" has came up with me yet, and i hope it wont! BUT, there is an fee of $75 dollars or so that you have to pay if you go over 3 and a half years with Penn foster, i paid the fee and its only for six months. they are now taking more then a month to send each course, so I'm going to have to end up paying another fee, its funny because it only took 3 days to send each course before... And it sickens me that all of you who finish before the 3 and a half years get accused of cheating because you don't have to pay them another $75 dollars, i guess that wasn't PennFoster's plan. Well my advice is to not go with Pennfoster, obviosuly they want your $3,700 and more, and if you dont have to pay more your cheating, good luck peeps hope everyhting goes well with all of you. i would take them to court if i were any of you that were accused of cheating, there is some kind of scam going on and it need to be brought to the surface, so if you see something on the news that says "Student Accused of Cheating: Now taking legal Action" Its probably me =)

0 1 Reply
Study Buddy

Nov 06, 2014 #896219 Pennsylvania, United States

if your account is paid in full you can request all your books be shipped at one time.
Good luck with your studies.

1 0 Reply
Penn Foster is doing the same

Aug 22, 2011 #332274

Because of her good grades and fast pace, they are now making her retest in 4 of the classes. First they told me the reason they are holding her diploma was becuase we had not paid for the full class yet. So we paid them and now they are saying she cheated and she has to retest in several subjects. (everything that she got a B or higher in) So NOW she is going to miss out on her Fall enrollment of college. WTG Penn Foster, maybe if she would have enrolled in Penn Foster college you would have allowed her to graduate high school! I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND PENN FOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! For ANYTHING. They seem to make up their own rules. It is not work at your own pace either. Its work at their pace or you will be penalized. DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!

MightywordsofRob

Aug 09, 2011 #326211

Ok its not cheating, everthing is in the courses for the tests. I don't know how that happened to yall I finish my course with in 30 days if not sooner nothing like that happened to me. Sorry it did to yall.

Mrs. P

Apr 05 #968196

claire

Jun 03, 2011 #294097

I am thinking of going through them to get just a regular high school diploma and im going to pay it a one time fee do you think that they will do the same thing to me as they have done to others. now im just scared lol

ADC

May 11, 2011 #285042

I was seriously considering taking the Vet Assistant Course but after reading your comments I'm quite hesitant to. I think they say that the course can be completed in 6 months or less but I will be able to put a lot of hours into it since I'm currently jobless and taking care of my dad full time for a couple of months. So right now I'm stuck and confused on how to finish the course I want without having to leave the house :(

Jacquie

Mar 15, 2011 #260705

My daughter is going through the same thing and I feel so bad for her. I watched her work her butt off, so she could transfer her core classes and go to her local school prom. I don't know what they will do but hopefully they will understand that the course work was fairly easy to understand and do, yet it was good in formation ad useful too! She did terrible on her World History so I am sure that will go against her. Although, with the World History, she is studying differently trying to work quick and it is only hurting her!

Good luck to all of you, I understand how hurtful it is to be accused of cheating, I ams seeing my daughter go through this right now!

Jacquie

Mar 13, 2011 #259778

My daughter is going through the same thing. I am so upset...I watched her study her butt off. and with the fact that the books are downloadable and the exams are listed, she would write down the answers to and take the exam and now they are accusing her of cheating because she did her tests so quickly?

Fuck peen foster!

Jan 08, 2011 #233792

*** peen foster just took my money...

TheCropChick

Aug 14, 2010 #176001

How do they know "your cheating?"

Missy

Aug 13, 2010 #175436

Sorry to here that you were accused of cheating. I am a current student in a degree program and it taking me awhile to get my work done, but I do have spurts of progress. I hope that everything works out and that they don't mess things up on your grade. Good luck with the rest of your courses.

Angie

Aug 11, 2010 #174538

To Sally, You haven't obviously mentally matured even though you have a certificate in something.....God knows what!! Studying must have hurt your brain, stretched it out alittle too must maybe. I doubt any degree will change your personality! GROW UP! :upset :?

kenzluv

Aug 10, 2010 #174423

:? how dare you judge someone by there age. How would you know at what rate this persons brain works? well at any rate, I was a little uneasy about taking the online high school course, so I called the community college and asked if they would except the diploma if i decided to futher my education there. They confirmed that they would,so i would suggest to anyone wanting to take the course to check with there local college before taking the course.

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.