Penn Foster Career School - I am a student of penn foster accused of cheating

I am a student of Penn Foster.I was accused cheating,because I progressed through the program rapidly.I am fifty-two years old and have worked countless hours for the last five months on my program,to obtain my high school diploma.I was six test away from completing the program when I recieved a letter in the mail stating that disiplinary action would be taken against me.Penn Foster requested that I write a letter explaining how I progessed through the program rapidly.

I recieved a email that additional testing would be required.I am completing the aditional testing now.Penn Foster is considering these test as make-up exams with the highest obtainable grade a 70%.I had an average of over 90%,but with this testing considered as make-up examinations my average will be only 70%.I thought this program was work at your own pace.

More Review Details

Helpful? 35 Yes 35 59 No 59
Had the same issue 70 Yes 70
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 15 #1049013

Wow that's crazy that they would accuse you of cheating its only been two months for me and I only have six more test to take I wonder what they will have to say about that

0 1 Reply

Oct 09 #1045464

i am attending Penn Foster also. I am 19 years old and was also accused of cheating. But I am in a job corps center taking the program and the only thing they told me that I was accused of cheating by taking my books home and doing my self checks. Mind you, the teacher told me I could take my books home and study and that was my idea of studying.

Oct 07 #1044501

Sep 15 #1034216

How many test do I need to take to complete a year in Penn Foster?

Sep 01 #1028149 Texas, United States

Anybody know what to put in when u take exams I need to take a exam .

Aug 04 #1015807

I been a penn and foster student since october 21 2014 and is now august 4 2015 and i just completed number 49 exam im not even have way yet since theres 102 test. I wish i can complete all those test in 5 months.

Jul 14 #1007307

Wow! I have been working on this HS program day and night. I am not working at the moment, and I year ago another online school lied, they were not accredited. I know all about it since I was going to get my GED also. I really hope they will not do this to me too, because I am going super fast.

Honest and scared lmao

Jul 12 #1006676

I go to Pennfoster,and I always get between a 60-80 or a 90. Never 100. ;_;
I don't cheat,but I do struggle,and I reread everything five times. I never got this thank god because it takes me a day,maybe four hours to complete two exams. I also download my study guide and my book.

common sense

Aug 02, 2014 #850256

How can you cheat when the tests are all open book tests?

12 0 Reply

Oct 16 #1049607 Manhattan, New York

I just dont understand algebra which i have one exam left for that and chemistry which i have 4 exams left for that i have 6/71 to take then im going back to my regular school to get my diploma but its hard open book test on these two?

May 26, 2014 #820168

that sucks, I disagree with a lot of you that say Penn Foster is no good. I'm half way through my associates degree program in engineering and I'm at the 5 month mark. I get nothing but encouragement from P.F. and I work full time.

May 02, 2013 #645124

i cheated my but off and i didnt get caught at all :grin ,) 8) sucks to be you...its like the people who cheat dont get caught and the people who actually try just get screwed over

5 13 Reply
Mrs. P

Apr 05 #968199

I go to Penn Foster. I am pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Ed and I am the 4th semester having major trouble with Business and Finance class. Can anyone help me with math?

Jun 07, 2012 #492272

i found a way to make coins easily ! send an email to with your team name , email and paswosrd , telling them that you bought a gold premium pack for 15,000 coins or any other pack and the amount of coins it costs and tell them you didn't get the cards .. this actually happened to me and when i emailed them they gave me coins and then i kept doing it and now i have over 200k coins

Nov 07, 2011 #370450

Im in the last few courses of my Pennfoster course, it has taken me 3 years to get here, nothing like "cheating" has came up with me yet, and i hope it wont! BUT, there is an fee of $75 dollars or so that you have to pay if you go over 3 and a half years with Penn foster, i paid the fee and its only for six months. they are now taking more then a month to send each course, so I'm going to have to end up paying another fee, its funny because it only took 3 days to send each course before... And it sickens me that all of you who finish before the 3 and a half years get accused of cheating because you don't have to pay them another $75 dollars, i guess that wasn't PennFoster's plan. Well my advice is to not go with Pennfoster, obviosuly they want your $3,700 and more, and if you dont have to pay more your cheating, good luck peeps hope everyhting goes well with all of you. i would take them to court if i were any of you that were accused of cheating, there is some kind of scam going on and it need to be brought to the surface, so if you see something on the news that says "Student Accused of Cheating: Now taking legal Action" Its probably me =)

1 1 Reply
Study Buddy

Nov 06, 2014 #896219 Pennsylvania, United States

if your account is paid in full you can request all your books be shipped at one time.
Good luck with your studies.

1 0 Reply
Penn Foster is doing the same

Aug 22, 2011 #332274

Because of her good grades and fast pace, they are now making her retest in 4 of the classes. First they told me the reason they are holding her diploma was becuase we had not paid for the full class yet. So we paid them and now they are saying she cheated and she has to retest in several subjects. (everything that she got a B or higher in) So NOW she is going to miss out on her Fall enrollment of college. WTG Penn Foster, maybe if she would have enrolled in Penn Foster college you would have allowed her to graduate high school! I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND PENN FOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! For ANYTHING. They seem to make up their own rules. It is not work at your own pace either. Its work at their pace or you will be penalized. DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!

1 1 Reply

Aug 09, 2011 #326211

Ok its not cheating, everthing is in the courses for the tests. I don't know how that happened to yall I finish my course with in 30 days if not sooner nothing like that happened to me. Sorry it did to yall.

Mrs. P

Apr 05 #968196

1-20 of 34 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.