• show-popup

Shares 0

Penn Foster Career School - Penn Foster = Scam Giant!

Company Penn Foster Career School
Product / Service Negative Reviews
Location Dothan, Alabama
Category Schools
Views 1851

To begin I would like to say this. this is a negative "review" also known as a complaint:) If you even act like you're thinking of doing this school don't.

They only accept credit cards which should pop out and say "scam" automatically. If you don't do it they will call you everyday, this is their "guarantee" if you will.

They will use a phone number machine to make it look like someones calling from your area code which is EXACTLY what they did to me. they will run up your credit card bill and take you to court. their employees will post sweet and positive reviews of their school so you'll feel more comfortable about applying. how deceptive and what a pathetic attempt at robbing you blind.

simple: DON'T DO IT. 30277b2

Comments (79) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 79 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 17
I received my high school diploma from PennFoster and I am currently a student at Liberty University. I am in there criminal justice program and I had no problem getting accepted.
Reply to anonymous124

Dec 03, 2013  from Parsippany, New Jersey
I was a student at PF, by choice I withdrew. I had defaulted on the program I was enrolled with due to financial hardships and I was aware of that. They sent me a email stating I could come back to the school for a low monthly price so I fell for it. What happened was, they gave me a whole new account number, in which I had to re-register and about 2 weeks later,I received phone calls from their collection agency about a past due account that was from my old account to pay for that. I argued with their representative about the account issue and I was mis-informed that I had to PAY the other account before re-enrolling. This sounds crooked to me. I decided in my best interest to withdraw from the program as the school seems to be mixed up anyways. There were a "few" good employees, but the issues I had were lack of professionalism when I needed help. It is like they are"robots" giving generic responses and there was no instructor for the career diploma program I was in. I had to figure out who to ask for help, in which to me was a waste of time and money if there isn't anyone to help you in the course you are enrolled. :? I am going to let it default and I will pay the remainder of the program when income tax season arrives and go my separate ways. I had inquired about a community college close to where I live. It may be more money but at least I will have better instruction.
Reply to Penn Foster is a scam

Nov 26, 2013
To tell the truth, the first time that I enrolled in Penn Foster, it wasn't called Penn Foster--I forget what it was called, but I paid on the monthly bases and had no problems getting my diploma.
Reply to Barb DeFratis

Oct 13, 2013  from Houston, Texas
I have a co-worker that went through Penn Foster and rec'd her certificate and is working as a coder for one of the fourth largest children's hospital. So that certification was good enough for them.
Reply to Houston Wondering

Sep 10, 2013  from Monroe, Louisiana
Well my only complaint is , The Army does not accept Pennfoster highschool Diploma. Which has me questioning Wether the school is legit or not.
Reply to Jay19

Sep 03, 2013  from Bakersfield, California
i haven't have a problem with them at all. they don't charge my card just my payment
Reply to tessa

Sep 03, 2013  from Winchester, Virginia
Penn Foster must have went through some drastic changes from 2008 cuz i had no problems with them
Reply to Dee

Jun 07, 2013
Penn Foster is a great school and highly recommended, I received my Bachelor Degree in Business from a traditional 4 your college. I feel like I am learning just as much from Penn Foster, in pursuit of obtaining my AS Degree from Penn Foster in Graphic Design. As long as your self motivated, it is a great alternative to paying higher tuition costs at another school. :zzz
Reply to Segoman

May 20, 2013  from Austin, Texas
My daughter just graduated the high school program with PF. And she is now in cosmetology school. I was scared it would turn out as a scam also but I had great luck. She received her diploma and the cosmetology school accepted it. :)
Reply to Jennifer

Sep 05, 2013  from Whitehaven, Tennessee
hi im concidering this highschool program also, wat if she needed tutoring are they helpful? so it is very legit!?
Reply to feefee

May 03, 2013  from Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Im in PF right now and the school is great. Stop complaining that your a total dumba$$ :cry

Waa i payed in full and they canceled my program ! yeah its gives you a time limit derf derf :cry
Reply to PF student

Feb 21, 2013  from Newark, New Jersey
Keep in mind that Penn Foster education credits aren't transferable to public high schools, and most private schools don't expect them.

If you can complete an entire course in a week, it sounds too good to be true, and it is.
Reply to Jett

Nov 20, 2012
Ok for those of you that think you were scammed out of your money for not finishing your degree or program in time and you're mad have got to be kidding right? At what school can you just take a long as you want and just expect a college to keep carrying you on their books? I know most of my programs (I have finished 2 career courses, an associates degree and working on my bachelors) allow me to finish a semester for up to 1 year and then you can request an extension of study on most programs and I work full time and do a lot of hobbies on top of that. Get with the program people be responsible, regardless of what is going on around you, and don't blame the school because they dropped you.
Reply to Scams and delays in programs

Oct 13, 2012
i recently am enrolling in pf and was happy with Stevens call.he answered my questions graciuosly and worked with my financial situation..i think with gods grace this will be a good situation.all the the other schools i talked to tuitions wer in the 20,000 dollar range,,895.00 is much better...
also i was givein a student pin and havent even put my money down yet an act of good faith on their part thanks penn foster
Reply to Jeff from Ga

Feb 19, 2013  from Mount Sinai, New York
I am looking into a program here. Have you enrolled and paid anything yet? How is it working out for you, is this Career school worth it or should I look into something else?
Reply to Dpmagee

Apr 23, 2013  from Woodlawn, Tennessee
I am very happy with Penn Foster! Any questions you have they answer. They take my payment on the exact day they are supposed to and only the amount they are supposed to take. Courses are wonderful. I'm about to finish my first course and start my second. I highly recommend them!!!
Reply to Jodiels2003

Oct 13, 2012
I would like to know where you got your information. Because I am currently paying for my PennFoster education with monthly checks, not a credit card and there was also a cash option, and before I enrolled I went around and talked to several employers that told me that they would be glad to take someone with a degree through the program I am taking.
Reply to somebody

Sep 19, 2012
Not worth it Unable to use diploma to get the job that goes with the education let alone getting certified. They claim to be accredited but it is bull since there is no way to get certified or a job with their supposed "career diplomas"
Reply to bloodrose

Sep 18, 2012
I have recently enrolled this past Aril of 2012. And I worked very hard and got all good grades and also paid on time. However, the education department head Russel Day revokes my account and for what reason I still have no idea. He claim I have violated them. By what asking questions to learn! That really was just too bazzar! So now I have reported the issue to Scranton, PA BBB and also to the Atorney General of Harrisburb PA. I hope that the BBB Of Scranton, PA will help close my account out right and give me the remainder of my refund! I never was ever revoked by any school ever! I am now enrolled in another school and have been with them for a while and have had very good results and experience. One person was nice to me though and he was an instructor Larry Pierce. But I have no comment for anyone else there! I most usually am never had any bad feelings about any school before and I guess this was the first! I guess not everyone is able to click with every school. There is a school for everyone and I guess Penn Foster was not for me! But for those that did well there that great! But still I urge everyone to do their own research before applying to any school.
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Penn Foster Career School complaint

If you don't do your research, then don't get mad...

I like Penn Foster because like some other schools, they don't pressue you into signing things y...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Penn Foster Career School.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug