Penn Foster Career School - Penn Foster = Scam Giant!

Issue not resolved
May 12, 2011
review #237310

To begin I would like to say this. this is a negative "review" also known as a complaint:) If you even act like you're thinking of doing this school don't.

They only accept credit cards which should pop out and say "scam" automatically. If you don't do it they will call you everyday, this is their "guarantee" if you will.

They will use a phone number machine to make it look like someones calling from your area code which is EXACTLY what they did to me. they will run up your credit card bill and take you to court. their employees will post sweet and positive reviews of their school so you'll feel more comfortable about applying. how deceptive and what a pathetic attempt at robbing you blind.

simple: DON'T DO IT.

c24a584
Had an experience with Penn Foster Career School?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Lindsay

Oct 24 Colorado Springs, Colorado

I've attended Penn Foster College for the last 6 months and have had only positive experiences! I'm in the vet tech program which has been awesome. Student Services has been nothing but helpful. I didn't use a credit card and have not been "scammed" in any way. I feel fortunate to have stumbled across this great program!

Ronda

Oct 07

I have had no issues while my son attended and myself. I used the payment plan. No credit card and I. Got my certification for Wedding Planning and they filled in the gap while my son was out of school.

ch201054251

Jul 28

This is not true at all!! I have been attending PF and they have been true on everything they said and is a great school!!

4 0 Reply
Student

Jul 23

This is so not true I have received one certification and I am currently working on another degree. I have never paid with a credit card nor have I had anything fraudulent come out of my account.

7 3 Reply
Kirt

Jul 07

The only scam is you people that try to scam out of your debits. Or lazy people who refuse to do the work. So ya if you are lazy and don't pay your debts then you should not enroll.

3 0 Reply
Jess

Jun 25 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My sister enrolled on the online program and finished her program in time. She paid all the fees needed and she never ever received her Diploma! Now they act like she never even enrolled in Penn Foster.. HUHH.. Seems like a SCAM to me!! DON'T DO IT!!!

Jun 16

i just looked at joining the school and it accepts PayPal CC/DC(credit Card/ Debit card) or checking/savings account so the first part of this complaint is not valid

2 0 Reply
Saladin

May 16

Penn Foster is not a scam. And you can use a debit card. I've received two diplomas from Penn Foster and is looking forward to gain certificates from this school.

anonymous124

Jan 17

I received my high school diploma from PennFoster and I am currently a student at Liberty University. I am in there criminal justice program and I had no problem getting accepted.

Penn Foster is a scam

Dec 03, 2013 Parsippany, New Jersey

I was a student at PF, by choice I withdrew. I had defaulted on the program I was enrolled with due to financial hardships and I was aware of that. They sent me a email stating I could come back to the school for a low monthly price so I fell for it. What happened was, they gave me a whole new account number, in which I had to re-register and about 2 weeks later,I received phone calls from their collection agency about a past due account that was from my old account to pay for that. I argued with their representative about the account issue and I was mis-informed that I had to PAY the other account before re-enrolling. This sounds crooked to me. I decided in my best interest to withdraw from the program as the school seems to be mixed up anyways. There were a "few" good employees, but the issues I had were lack of professionalism when I needed help. It is like they are"robots" giving generic responses and there was no instructor for the career diploma program I was in. I had to figure out who to ask for help, in which to me was a waste of time and money if there isn't anyone to help you in the course you are enrolled. :? I am going to let it default and I will pay the remainder of the program when income tax season arrives and go my separate ways. I had inquired about a community college close to where I live. It may be more money but at least I will have better instruction.

0 2 Reply
Common Sense

Aug 02

How is it a scam when you are the one who defaulted and violated the student agreement?
Everyone signs a student agreement before they can start a course that says they will pay.

Barb DeFratis

Nov 26, 2013

To tell the truth, the first time that I enrolled in Penn Foster, it wasn't called Penn Foster--I forget what it was called, but I paid on the monthly bases and had no problems getting my diploma.

Houston Wondering

Oct 13, 2013 Houston, Texas

I have a co-worker that went through Penn Foster and rec'd her certificate and is working as a coder for one of the fourth largest children's hospital. So that certification was good enough for them.

Jay19

Sep 10, 2013 Monroe, Louisiana

Well my only complaint is , The Army does not accept Pennfoster highschool Diploma. Which has me questioning Wether the school is legit or not.

2 2 Reply
Segoman

Jun 07, 2013

Penn Foster is a great school and highly recommended, I received my Bachelor Degree in Business from a traditional 4 your college. I feel like I am learning just as much from Penn Foster, in pursuit of obtaining my AS Degree from Penn Foster in Graphic Design. As long as your self motivated, it is a great alternative to paying higher tuition costs at another school. :zzz

Jennifer

May 20, 2013 Austin, Texas

My daughter just graduated the high school program with PF. And she is now in cosmetology school. I was scared it would turn out as a scam also but I had great luck. She received her diploma and the cosmetology school accepted it. :)

1-20 of 94 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Penn Foster Career School.
Filing a new complaint about
×