14.7K views

I am a student of Penn Foster.I was accused cheating,because I progressed through the program rapidly.I am fifty-two years old and have worked countless hours for the last five months on my program,to obtain my high school diploma.I was six test away from completing the program when I recieved a letter in the mail stating that disiplinary action would be taken against me.Penn Foster requested that I write a letter explaining how I progessed through the program rapidly.

I recieved a email that additional testing would be required.I am completing the aditional testing now.Penn Foster is considering these test as make-up exams with the highest obtainable grade a 70%.I had an average of over 90%,but with this testing considered as make-up examinations my average will be only 70%.I thought this program was work at your own pace.

Review about: Penn Foster Career School Program.

Had an Experience with Penn Foster Career School?

Comments

I am a current Penn Foster student, and I would say that you were cheating, as I can see your grammar is really bad. Sorry but that is the way I think.

to Rudy Lula, Georgia, United States #1325611

Well your grammar isn't much better. What are your grades like?

to Rudy Arbil, Erbil, Iraq #1347071

Hey Rudy, I don't think the guys grammar was very bad at all, who are you to make a comment like that ? Rudy is a *** name... Sorry but that is the way I think.

Lakeland, Florida, United States #1272055

Haha, it does allow you to use an open book but you can not take too much advantage of it.Starting school online with Penn Foster for me I noticed the worksheets (task) they ask you to do and I wasn't sure if they wanted you to complete them and turn them in somehow or just print, complete, and keep.

So I called and asked to make sure..and the lady told me that it is not a must but she advised me to complete & save them along the way just for exact cases/reasons like this of what you went through.

So basically if a student wants complete courses at a rapid pace then you are going to have to show proof that you were actually reading through and completing things with knowledge you actually learned about/from the subjects in your own words in order to have them fairly give you your diploma.That is why I am thankful that even before I even called and asked I indeed were completing the task worksheets along the way just in case.

ive been in penn foster since November 2015 and im wating to take my final.I had 56 test to take.

im a job corps and now there is a pass word that we have to get by our teacher before we take a test. we all have it hear at job corps.

and we all almost got done in a matter of a couple of months.so I wonder what there going to do with us.

to Jim Street Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1203509

But now at job Corps they made it to where I can only take a certain amount of exams then you have to do community service I had to get all my credits and I'm stuck on it cause I don't wanna fail now

After reading your review I am sure that you were cheating. There is no way you can pass a college course with spelling and grammar like yours.

to Anonymous Arbil, Erbil, Iraq #1347072

It was not a college course dumb dumb, it was a high school diploma course. His grammar is not that bad.

I was accused also I told them to go right ahead and choose any subject and I will retake the exam and they gave me math and science and I passed again and they owed me an apology. because I was well ahead and they graduated with a 3.8gpa

to Anonymous #1082696

Can you please help me with the biology part?